Salmon With Cucumber Sauce
|Salmon steaks||24 Ounce (Four 6 Ounce Each)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Dry white wine/Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 (10 Inches Long)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), prepared|
|Dill sprigs/Parsley sprigs||2|
1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
2. Grease a baking dish large enough to hold salmon in a single layer, place salmon steaks in and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grating peel from lemon reserve for sauce, cut lemon into thin slices and place 1 slice on each steak.
4. On each salmon steak place 1 parsley or dill sprig, add wine or water and cover with a lid or foil.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes such that salmon tests done and set aside to cool reserving cooking liquid.
6. To make sauce, dice cucumber, in a small bowl stir diced cucumber with mayonnaise and reserved salmon cooking liquid into cucumber.
7. Stir in reserved lemon peel, salt and pepper.
8. To serve, carefully remove skin and center bones from salmon, keeping steaks whole.
9. Discard baked lemon slices and parsley or dill and arrange steaks on a serving plate.
10. Along the center of each baked salmon spoon sauce where bone has been removed, garnish with lettuce and a dill or parsley sprig and serve immediately.