Baked Eggs With Cheese Sauce
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|American cheese||1⁄4 Pound, grated|
1. Preheat the oven at (350°F.).
2. In a pan melt butter and blend in flour and seasonings.
3. Add milk and cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
4. Remove from heat and add grated cheese, stirring occasionally until cheese is melted.
5. Butter 4 individual baking dishes and pour 2 tablespoons of sauce into each.
6. Break 2 eggs into each dish and top with remaining sauce.
7. Bake in the moderate preheated oven until eggs are set, about 12 minutes.
8. Serve with garnish as desired.
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 471.4 mg157.1%
Sodium 295.7 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.22 g0.9%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 29.5% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet