Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut cross-wise into 1 inch wide slices|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped sun dried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained of their oil|
|Chopped basil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge each chicken piece in flour and shake off the excess. Add the chicken to the skillet in a single layer (cook the chicken in batches if necessary) and cook just until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and reserve.
3. Add the chopped shallots to the skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add the cream, white wine, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as desired.
5. Return the chicken to the pan and cook just until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.4%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.1 mg46.7%
Sodium 264 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 43 g85.1%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet