Meat Balls in Sour Cream Sauce
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ripe olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Take a bowl and beat egg with salt, milk, pepper, crumbs and grated onion.
2) Allow to stand for a few minutes.
3) Add ground beef and mix lightly using a fork.
4) Shape mixture in 2 inch balls.
5) Cover with wax paper or foil and store in the refrigerator until chafing time.
6) Take a blazer pan and heat drippings in it.
7) Fry meat balls until uniformly brown in color. You can fry in batches for convenience.
8) Remove from pan.
9) Sauté onion in pan juices for about 5 minutes.
10) Add flour and mix until nicely blended.
11) Stir in tomato sauce and meat balls.
12) Place over hot water. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
13) Stir in sour cream and mix gently using a wooden spoon until meat balls are nicely coated with cream.
14) Scatter olives all over. Heat through and serve immediately.
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.7 mg32.2%
Sodium 608.9 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet