Chicken Breasts Scaloppine With Wild Mushroom Sauce
|Whole chicken breasts||2 Pound, boned, skinned, and flattened to 1/2 inch thick (Two About 1 Pound Each)|
|Mushrooms/Dried mushrooms re-hydrated in 1 cup hot water for 30 minutes||2 Ounce (Fresh Shiitake Or Wild)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, cleaned, thinly sliced|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||4 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh thyme/1/4 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Arrowroot||1 Teaspoon, mixed|
|Chicken stock||1 Tablespoon (Or Water)|
|Walnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a sauté pan, heat the oils over medium-high heat.
2. One at a time, add the chicken breasts and sear for 30 seconds on each side.
3. Remove to a platter and set aside.
4. Melt the butter in the same pan.
5. Add the mushrooms, shallots, and garlic.
6. You need to sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened by consistent stirring frequently,.
7. Turn the heat to medium high and add the stock, thyme, salt, and pepper.
8. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the arrowroot mixture,
9. Stir for thorough mixing, and simmer for 1 minute more, or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
10. Return the chicken breasts to the pan and heat through.
11. Dish out and serve immediately.
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 147.8 mg49.3%
Sodium 644.2 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 55 g109.6%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet