Parsley Cream Sauce
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, 1/2 stick|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/Chicken bouillon cube||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter or margarine and sauté onion in it until soft.
2) Mix in flour, salt, and pepper and stir cook just until bubbly.
3) Pour in milk and instant chicken broth or bouillon cube.
4) Cook the mixture for 1 minute, stirring, crushing bouillon cube with a spoon, until sauce becomes thick.
5) Garnish with parsley and serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 962 Calories from Fat 583
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.1%
Saturated Fat 39.4 g196.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.2 mg58.1%
Sodium 1584.6 mg66%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 20 g39.8%
Vitamin A 59.5% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 64.5% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet