Magrets De Canard With Peppered Apple Sauce
|Duck breasts||18 Ounce (2 Breasts, 250 G/ 9 Oz Each, French-Reared Duck)|
|Liquid honey||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Virgin olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Walnut oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Apple||8 Ounce, cored and sliced (Two Apples 100 G /4 Oz Each, Worcester Pearmain)|
|Fresh lime||1 , finely grated rind and juice squeezed|
|White wine||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Green peppercorns||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Preheat a 25 cm (10 inch) browning dish for 8 minutes, or according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Thoroughly dry the duck breasts in absorbent kitchen paper. Brush or spread the honey over them and quickly sprinkle with black pepper.
3. Quickly pour the olive and walnut oils into the hot browning dish and carefully place the breasts, skin side downwards, in the dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn the duck breasts over carefully, and add the apples, lime juice and rind, wine and green peppercorns. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
4. Remove the breasts from the sauce, slice them lengthwise and keep warm. Using a slotted spoon, separate the apples and peppercorns from the liquid and arrange on a serving platter with the roast duck. Add the cornflour, blended with 15 ml (1 tbsp) cold water, to the liquid in the dish. Stir well and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes until the sauce is thickened and hot.
5. To serve, pour a little of the sauce around the duck and serve the remainder separately.