Roast Turkey Breast With Garlic Sauce
|Turkey breast||5 Pound, thawed if frozen (1 Breast)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||15 Clove (75 gm), unpeeled|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. With a sharp meat knife or kitchen scissors, trim off all the excess fat from the turkey. With the tip of a sharp knife, make three 1 inch deep cut slashes over the turkey breast.
3. In a large roasting pan, arrange the turkey skin side up and season with salt and pepper and coat with oil.
4. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven.
5. Roast for about 45 minutes.
6. Crush the garlic cloves with the handle of a clever or heavy meat knife.
7. Scatter over the turkey, sautéing to coat with the pan juices and continue roasting turkey for another 1 to 1 ¼ hour until meat is tender and nicely browned.
8. Check for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest portion od the breast. It should read about 180°F.
9. Remove pan from the oven and carefully skin the turkey
10. Transfer it to a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
11. Squish the garlic cloves with the back of a spoon to squeeze out the soft pulp from the skins. Discard the skins.
12. Skim off the fat from pan and place on a medium flame.
13. Add ½ cup stock to the juices in the pan and heat until thickened.
14. Strain through a fine mesh sieve pureeing the garlic.
15. Return the puree to the pan and heat again, adding remaining stock, the lemon juice and seasoning according to taste.
16. Heat until reduced to a gravy, then pour into a gravy boat or dish.
17. Use a carving knife or a steak knife and fork, to slice the turkey along the grain and serve with the garlic sauce.
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.6 mg61.9%
Sodium 295.2 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.83%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 64 g127.6%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet