Roast Turkey With Two Sauces
|Madeira||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Basting)|
|White onions||12 Small, chopped or thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Pound (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Giblet broth/Chicken bouillon||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomato paste||3 Ounce (1/2 Of 6-Ounce Can)|
|Onions||6 Medium, finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||6 Medium, finely chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Crushed pimientos||2 Tablespoon|
1) For Turkey: Rub required seasonings inside turkey.
2) Use wine to marinate the turkey liver for 15 minutes, insert the liver with 2 tablespoons of the wine into the cavity.
3) Truss the turkey with string by tying its legs and wings into position.
4)Take an inverted saucer in a glass baking dish and place the turkey facing fat side down on the microwave oven roasting rack and cook on “highest setting” for about 40 minutes, turning it once halfway through the cooking time.
5) Continue cooking on "Roast Mode” for 40 minutes, turning turkey halfway during the process.
6) For Aphrodisiac Sauce: Heat oil on high heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
7) Gradually add onions, and cook for 5 minutes.
8) Mix well at least twice through the cooking time.
9) After the onions turn soft and translucent, add the cinnamon, raisins, and broth.
10) Add enough tomato paste to give a sharp tangy taste and flavour.
11) Keep cooking on” simmer” setting in the microwave until the mixture is well-heated and ready.
12) For Metoufe Sauce: Combine all ingredients required for the sauce, mix thoroughly, and serve.
13) Serve the roast turkey with both the sauces.
Calories 925 Calories from Fat 422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.5%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 272.1 mg90.7%
Sodium 519 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 82 g163.3%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet