Poached Fish In Orange Pineapple Sauce
|Orange pineapple juice/Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely grated orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh tarragon/1 teaspoon dried tarragon||1 Tablespoon|
|Halibut steaks/Perch steaks||16 Ounce (4 Pieces, 4 Ounces Each)|
|Carrots||2 Large, cut into 2-inch lengths|
1) In a large nonstick skillet, over moderate heat, bring orange-pineapple juice, orange zest, mustard, and tarragon to a boil.
2) Add in fish steaks and poach, covered for about 10 minutes until the fish crumbles easily when tested with a fork.
3) To a large platter, transfer the fish steaks and keep warm by covering with aluminum foil.
4) To the skillet, return the cooking liquid after straining.
5) Stir in carrot strips and simmer for about 3 minutes until carrot strips are tender-crisp.
6) Take a small bowl and mix together 2 tablespoons water with cornstarch until smooth.
7) Thicken the cooking liquid by mixing in the cornstarch mixture and stir cooking for about 2 minutes.
8) Add seasonings and then simmer again for about 1 minute.
9) Pour the sauce over the fish.
10) Serve hot garnished with the kiwi slices or grapes, if wished.