Brussels Sprouts In Suzette Sauce
|Brussels sprouts||450 Gram|
|Granulated sugar||125 Milliliter|
1) Clean the sprouts in water.
2) Remove any wilted leaves and stem end.
3) Take orange; zest the orange peel and press out orange juice, saving for later use.
4) In boiling salted water, cook the sprouts for 10 minutes.
5) Drain the excess water and keep warm in a serving bowl.
6) In a saucepan, heat butter and add in sugar, stirring and cooking until sugar caramelizes.
7) Stir in orange zest.
8) Flame the mixture with brandy after removing the pan away from heat.
9) Cook the sauce for 2 minutes over low heat after pouring in reserved orange juice.
10) Spoon the sauce over sprouts placed in serving bowl.
11) Serve hot.