Marinated Veal with Watercress Sauce
|Veal loin chops||2 Pound (4 Pieces, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Oranges||2 , rind finely grated and juice extracted|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the watercress sauce:|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), leaves stripped from the stalks|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|For the beetroot crisps|
|Whole beets||40 Ounce, peeled (Use 4 Small Raw Beetroots, About 300 Gram Or 10 Ounce Each)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Take a shallow dish and place the veal chops in a single layer.
2. In a bowl mix the orange rind and juice with the garlic and olive oil.
3. Pour the mixture over the chops, turning well to coat, cover and let it marinate for 1-2 hours.
4. To make the watercress sauce in a saucepan bring the stock to a boil, add the watercress leaves and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Into a blender or food processor add the contents from the pan and blend such that just smooth.
6. To make the beetroot crisps, make wafer-thin slices out of the beetroots, pat dry on kitchen paper and leave them for 30 minutes.
7. In a deep-fat fryer or a deep pan heat the oil to 190°C (375°F) such that a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
8. In batches fry the beetroot slices with about 20-30 seconds for each batch such that the slices are crisp and curly.
9. Take absorbent kitchen paper and dry the slices so that some of the oil is absorbed.
10. Out of the marinade remove the veal chops and place under a preheated hot grill for 5-6 minutes on each side, basting with the remaining marinade from time to time.
11. In a small pan boil the watercress puree, stir in the cream and simmer for about 2 minutes.
12. Season as per taste and serve the sauce with veal chops and beetroot crisps.
Calories 582 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg30%
Sodium 469.5 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 26.5 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 102%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet