Steaks With Oyster Butter And Red Wine Sauce
|Sirloin steak||16 Ounce (2 Steaks Of 8 Ounce Or 225 Grams Each)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For oyster butter|
|Oysters in brine||8 Ounce (225 Grams Or 1 Can)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
|Clarified butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams)|
|For red wine sauce|
|Reserved oyster juice and brine||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
|Burgundy||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Soy sauce/Fish soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Oysters||12 (Reserved Perfect)|
1. Pat the steaks dry on absorbent kitchen paper. Season the meat well on both sides with the black pepper, pressing it well in. Leave to stand.
2. To make the oyster butter, strain the oysters, reserving 15 ml (1 level tbsp) of their juices and brine for the sauce. Keep 12 of the best shaped oysters for the red wine sauce.
3. Pound, mash or chop the remaining drained oysters with the unsalted butter and parsley to form a paste. Shape into a roll and put into the freezer to become firm.
4. Wipe or paint the clarified butter over the surface of a 25 cm (10 inch) uncovered browning dish. Preheat the browning dish to the maximum recommended by the manufacturer.
5. Using tongs, place the steaks quickly in the dish without removing it from the oven. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, uncovered.
6. Using tongs, turn the steaks over and microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for a further minute.
7. Transfer the steaks to a heated serving dish. Add to the browning dish the reserved oysters, juice and brine, red wine and soy sauce. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir well to dislodge all fragments on the base, taking care not to damage the oysters. If the sauce seems too thin, microwave for a further 30 seconds on HIGH.
8. Spoon half the sauce over each steak and put oyster butter rounds on to each.
Calories 988 Calories from Fat 531
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.3%
Saturated Fat 25.6 g128%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.5 mg114.8%
Sodium 981.2 mg40.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 85 g170.2%
Vitamin A 46.3% Vitamin C 67.7%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 97.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet