Savory Almond Sauce
|Canned sliced blanched almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||6|
|Strained apples and apricots||3 Ounce (Baby Pack)|
|Halved seedless green grapes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan melt butter or margarine, cook almonds over low heat, stirring often such that golden-brown and remove from heat.
2. Into almonds blend cornstarch, brown sugar and water and add bouillon cubes.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, such that bouillon cubes are dissolved and sauce is thick and clear.
4. Stir in strained apricots, apples and grapes.
5. Heat to boil and add the meat balls.
6. Serve hot with the desired garnish.