Tarragon And Sour Cream Sauce
|Dried tarragon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Bottled capers||1 Teaspoon (Drained)|
1) In small bowl, usng rotary beater, beat egg yolks with tarragon until thick and lemon-colored.
2) In saucepan, slowly heat sour cream, bay leaf, and garlic just until bubbles form around edge.
3) Strain the mixture; discard garlic and bay leaf.
4) Pour sour cream back into saucepan.
5) Pour a little hot sour cream into egg yolks, stirring; return to saucepan.
6) Over low heat, bring just to boiling point, stirring constantly.
7) Add salt and capers.
8) Serve the tarragon and sour cream sauce with salmon or chicken.