Duckling With Mole Sauce
|Ducklings||10 Pound, cleaned, quartered|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Creamy style peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Dash|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Square)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before baking.
2) Wash ducklings under water and pat dry them after draining well.
3) Season duckling pieces with salt.
4) In a shallow roasting pan, place duckling pieces with skin-side up and keep on oven rack.
5) Bake for about 2 hours in preheated oven until meat is soft and skin turns brown and crisp, tossing the pieces often during roasting, completing with skin-side up.
6) In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic in it until soft but not brown.
7) In a blender container, blend onion mixture, tomato sauce, raisins, peanut butter, sugar, chili powder, cinnamon, cloves chocolate, water and bouillon cube until smooth.
8) Place the blended mixture back to saucepan and cook, stirring often for 15 to 20 minutes.
9) Serve the duckling hot with sauce poured over.
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 385.6 mg128.5%
Sodium 436.9 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 71 g141.6%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 53.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet