Minted Pears With Chocolate Sauce
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Green color||6 Drop|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low fat frozen vanilla yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs) (4 Scoops)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||4 Teaspoon|
1) Peel, halve and core pears.
2) In a 10-inch skillet add 2 cups water, 3/4 cup sugar, mint leaves and green food coloring. Combine well.
3) Place over heat to bring a boil.
4) Place the pears to simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the pears inside the syrup and simmer another 2 or 3 minutes, or until tender.
5) Remove from heat and refrigerate in syrup.
6) In small saucepan, add cocoa powder, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar and corn syrup.
7) Place over low heat and stir constantly until well blended. Simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8) Fold in margarine and set aside to cool.
9) Drain chilled pears and discard mint leaves and liquid.
10) Use 4 dessert dishes to place the 4 pear halves. Place a scoop of frozen yogurt in center of each pear halves and top with remaining pear halves, forming 4 whole stuffed pears.
11) Spread 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce into each of 4 dessert dishes.
12) Before serving, stand 1 whole stuffed pear on end in chocolate sauce in each dessert dish and spoon remaining chocolate sauce over each. Finally, sprinkle with nuts.
Calories 556 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg9.8%
Sodium 49.4 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.8%
Sugars 88.1 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet