Spaghettini With Mussel Sauce
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Fish stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Under cold water, rinse the mussels and scrub the shells. Scrape off the beards.
2) In a pail of cold water mixed with 2 tablespoons of salt, leave the mussels.
3) In a large pan, put water and add some salt. Set it to boil.
4) In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil.
5) Add 2 cloves of garlic which have been crushed and peeled and sauté in the oil till they turn brown. Take out the garlic.
6) In the pan, put the mussels and place it over high heat. Cover with a lid and for about 5 minutes, or till the shells have opened, shake the pan.
7) Take the pan off the heat and throw away any mussels which have remained closed.
8) Into a bowl, put the contents of the pan and allow to slightly cool. Ease the mussels from the shells and reserve the liquid.
9) Into the pan of boiling salted water, out the spaghetti and stir well till the water starts to boil again.
10) Cook the spaghetti, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes till it has just softened.
11) In the skillet over low heat, heat the remainder of the oil.
12) Peel the remaining garlic and crush it. Saute in the oil till it has turned golden in color.
13) All over the spaghetti, pour half of the pan’s contents. Toss till the spaghetti gleams.
14) Put the mussels and liquid back in the skillet. Gently heat thoroughly.
15) Add the fish stock and continue to cook for about 2 minutes till the mixture has thoroughly heated.
16) Add the pepper and parsley and stir well.
17) Serve immediately after spooning the mussels and liquid all over the spaghetti and tossing. Serve slices of warm French or Italian bread alongside.