Meat Balls In Mushroom Sauce
|Lean steak||8 Ounce (Braising / Rump)|
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed with a little salt|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Lard/Dripping||1 Ounce (For Frying)|
|Condensed mushroom soup||8 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Take a basin and mince the trimmed steak in it. Add the onion and garlic. Pour in salt, cheese and lightly beaten egg to bind the mixture.
2. Divide the dough into 8 to 10 portions and roll each portion into balls. Put oil on your fingers while make the balls.
3. Roll the balls in seasoned flour and fry them in hot lard or dripping until brown.
4. Drain the excess fat and add the soup, and can of water. Bring it to boil. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes while keep stirring occasionally.
5. Season well and sprinkle chopped parsley on the top.
6. Serve immediately with buttered beans and creamed potatoes.
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.1%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.3 mg53.8%
Sodium 1351.4 mg56.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 37 g74.4%
Vitamin A 39.6% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 21% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet