Pan Fried Veal Fillet with Wild Mushrooms Asparagus Wild Garlic and A Sherry Sauce
|For sherry sauce|
|Shallots||75 Gram, sliced|
|Button mushrooms||110 Gram, sliced|
|Dry sherry||200 Milliliter|
|Chicken stock||200 Milliliter|
|Double cream||200 Milliliter|
|For veal and asparagus|
|Rose veal fillets||24 Ounce (4 Pieces, 6 Ounces / 175 Gram Each)|
|Butter||4 1⁄4 Ounce (110 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||20 Clove (100 gm), peeled and blanched 3 times cold water up to the boil, then refresh in cold water and repeat|
|Fresh thyme sprig||1|
|Asparagus tips||20 , peeled and trimmed|
|Wild mushrooms||150 Gram (Mixed Mousserons, Girolles, Pied Bleu, Etc.)|
|Wild garlic||4 1⁄4 Ounce (110 Gram)|
|Baby spinach leaves||4 1⁄4 Ounce (110 Gram)|
1. Take a frying pan, heat it, add half of the butter and shallots and cook till shallots are transparent and soft.
2. Mix in mushrooms and thyme sprigs and cook till mushrooms turn slippery.
3. Stir in Sherry and cook to halve the liquid.
4. Mix in chicken stock and cook till halved.
5. Mix in cream and once again allow the mixture to be reduced to half.
6. Whisk in rest of the butter, using a fine sieve strain the mixture to a saucepan.
7. Add pepper and salt to taste and keep aside the sauce till used.
8. Use black pepper and salt to season veal.
9. Take a frying pan, heat it, add 1/3rd butter, oil and veal and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning halfway through to allow veal to turn golden brown.
10. Mix in thyme and garlic just before done and allow to turn tender and golden.
11. Take off garlic and meet and keep aside.
12. Discard excess fat and using 3 tbsp water, deglaze.
13. Add the sherry sauce and beating continuously, reheat the sauce.
14. In the meantime, in a shallow pan, allow water to just boil, mix in asparagus and 1/3rd butter and cook for 2 to 3 min, gently, till asparagus is tender. Drain and keep aside.
15. Take another frying pan heat till hot, add rest of the butter along with wild garlic, mushrooms and spinach.
16. Cook for about 2 to 3 min to allow mushrooms to cook well and spinach to wilt.
17. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
18. Take individual serving plates, using a spoon, arrange mushroom mixture in the center.
19. Place veal medallions on top followed by mushroom mixture. Keep asparagus on one side.
20. Sprinkle cooked garlic and drizzle sauce.
21. Serve immediately.