Oven Fried Fish With Orange Mustard Sauce
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Fine dry whole wheat bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley/1 teaspoon dried parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh thyme/1 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh rosemary/1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 Large, zest finely grated|
|Pan dressed trout/Sea trout / pollock||48 Ounce (4 Pieces, 12 Ounces Each)|
|1% low fat milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 500°F.
2. Place a large wire rack, on a baking sheet and grease the rack with oil.
3. Whisk together the egg and Dijon mustard until blended.
4. In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, brown sugar, parsley, thyme, rosemary, dry mustard, seasonings and orange zest and stir.
5. Dip each fish in the egg mixture to coat evenly on both sides then immediately place in bread crumb mixture, turning it over in the mixture so that it is completely covered. Lightly press the crumbs with your fingers tips so that they stick firmly to the fish.
6. Arrange the fish on rack
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is golden and crispy and fish flakes easily with a fork.
8. While the fish is being baked, make the sauce by blending milk and cornstarch in a small saucepan and stirring in mustard and orange juice.
9. Cook over a low flame, stirring constantly until thick.
10. Serve the fish hot and crisp with the sauce spooned on top or served on the side.
Calories 711 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 254.4 mg84.8%
Sodium 500.6 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 79 g158.4%
Vitamin A 34.3% Vitamin C 76%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 43.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet