Raspberry Dessert Sauce With Cantaloupe
|Frozen raspberries||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mint leaves||4|
1. Cut the cantaloupe into half and use a melon scooper to scoop out the flesh into small balls or cut into 1 inch dices.
2. Place the melon in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Reserve a few good raspberries for garnish and keep them frozen.
4. Place the remaining berries in a food processor or liquidizer and blend into a smooth puree.
5. Into a medium bowl, strain the puree through a fine mesh sieve.
6. Stir in the lemon juice and honey.
7. Place the puree in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
8. Into 4 coupes or dessert bowls spoon the raspberry sauce reserving 4 spoons.
9. Divide the melon balls spooning them over the sauce.
10. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the melon and garnish with mint leaves and reserved frozen raspberries.
11. Serve immediately.
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 110.3 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47%
Sugars 63.3 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 461.4% Vitamin C 417.7%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet