Aphrodisiac Sauce for Turkey
|White onions||12 Small, chopped or thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Pound (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Giblet broth/Chicken bouillon||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomato paste||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) Heat oil on high in the microwave for 2 minutes.
2) Gradually add onions, and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Mix well at least twice through the cooking time.
4) After the onions turn soft and translucent, add the cinnamon, raisins, and broth.
5) Add enough tomato paste to give a sharp tangy taste and flavour.
6) Keep cooking on” simmer” setting in the microwave until the mixture is well-heated and ready.
7) Serve the sauce with roast turkey.
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 90.2 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 20.3%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet