|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 3/4 Cups)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomato paste||3 Ounce (1/3 Cup, 1/2 Of 6-Ounce Can)|
|Italian herb seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Dry pasta||1 Pound, cooked, drained, kept warm|
1) Use large skillet, to heat oil.
2) Sauté mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
3) Fold in tomatoes and juice, chicken broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and salt, if desired.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes without any cover, by occasional stirring.
6) On a platter, place pasta and spread with sauce before serving.
Calories 717 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 0.82 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1011.2 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.8%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 38.8%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet