|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 3/4 Cups)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomato paste||3 Ounce (1/3 Cup, 1/2 Of 6-Ounce Can)|
|Italian herb seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Dry pasta||1 Pound, cooked, drained, kept warm|
1) Use large skillet, to heat oil.
2) Sauté mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
3) Fold in tomatoes and juice, chicken broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and salt, if desired.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes without any cover, by occasional stirring.
6) On a platter, place pasta and spread with sauce before serving.