Chicken Breasts In Lemon Wine Sauce
|Chicken breast halves||1 3⁄4 Pound (4 Halves)|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (Large Cloves)|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 , canned (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped coriander/Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water packed whole red pimientos||4 Ounce, rinsed, drained, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips (1 Jar)|
1) Thoroughly wash chicken breasts and dry with paper towels. Remove the excess fat and discard.
2) Peel off the skins of lemon, avoiding the white pith. Grate the rind and set aside. Cut lemons in half and squeeze the juice out. Thinly slice the remaining lemon and wrap in a plasric and refrigerate until required.
3) Peel onions and chop them. Remove the skin of garlic and mince 2 cloves. Bruise the remaining cloves by placing your knife flat on top of the garlic clove and whack it so that the garlic is a bit mooshed but ideally, still in one piece.
4) Chop jalapenos into 2 halves and remove the seeds. ( if a fiery taste is desired then let the seeds remain). Slice the jalapenoes thinly.
5) Take a medium pan and place it over medium heat. Melt butter and add 2 bruised garlic cloves and saute for about 3 minutes until golden. Remove the cloves from pan and discard.
6) Put the chicken breasts in the pan, with skin side up. Increase the temperature to medium-high and saute the chicken for about 5 minutes until browned.
7) Flip the chicken breasts abd cook the other side for about 4 minutes or until golden. Now, take the pan off the heat.
8) Spread salt and white pepper on chicken breasts and place them in a casserole and cover.
9) Heat the chicken fat in the pan and saute onion, minced garlic and jalapenos for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add half of grated lemon rind and cook for 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
10) Spread the above mixture over the chicken breasts in the casserole. Transfer the chicken back to the pan and add wine, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, corinader, oregano, and all spice and bring it to a boil. Lower the pan heat and cover and simmer the chicken for about 20 minutes until the chicken is done and juices run clear.
11) In the meantime, prepare scallions, coriander and pimientos as set aside.
12) To make sauce, combine the remaining rins and lemon juice in the casserole that has chicken juice. Transfer the mixture to a pan and simmer for about 5-8 minutes until the mixture is reduced to half. Add salt and pepper as per taste.
13) Place the chicken in individual plates sprinkle with sauce. Garnish each serving with scallions, coriander, and pimiento strips and lemon slices and serve immediately.