Lamb With Wine Sauce
|Lamb leg||3 Pound, boned|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1/2 Lemon)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
1. Rinse and bone the lamb in cold running water. Take a large size saucepan and place it the pan.
2. Slice the lamb into at least six equal pieces and trim away the fat.
3. Take a pan and add the bones in it. Pour some water and bring it to boil.
4. Cover the lid of the pan and simmer for about 2 hours.
5. Strain the stock using a cheesecloth and sieve.
6. Take a large saucepan and put all the lamb pieces. Add some stock to cover the meat.
7. Bring it to boil and strain the liquid using cheesecloth and pour again on the top of the lamb pieces.
8. Peel, slice some carrots and onions. Add them in the pan.
9. Cover the pan and simmer for about one and a half hour or just until the ingredients turn soft.
10. Add some salt, the peppercorns, and bay leaf. Cook for about 5 minutes.
11. Take a saucepan and melt some butter. Add some flour and cook for just about 2 minutes.
12. Then, add some strained lamb stock, lemon juice, the sugar, and wine.
13. Bring the sauce to a boil and keep stirring constantly. Also, simmer for about 3 minutes.
14. Allow the sauce to cool down and beat some egg yolk in it.
15. Reheat the sauce slowly, but make sure not to boil it, else the sauce will curdle.
16. Drain the lamb pieces properly and then arrange in a serving dish.
17. Take a sauceboat and pour the wine sauce. Serve it separately.