Asparagus In Mornay Sauce
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Asparagus water||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Take a saucepan and melt some butter. Add the flour, and cook this roux till it is properly blended.
2. Slowly add and mix some milk till the sauce becomes thick and smooth.
3. Mix the asparagus water with the cream.
4. Add about 1/4th cup of grated cheese in the sauce.
5. Pour in some salt and freshly ground pepper to enhance the taste.
6. Drain the asparagus in a buttered serving dish and add some more sauce on it.
7. Sprinkle some more cheese on the top and place it in a hot broiler till it becomes brown and bubbly.