Tartar Fish Loaf With Caper Sauce
|Mackerel||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Pimiento||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , minced|
|Minced sour pickles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salad dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cracker crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), rolled|
|Fat||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Soft)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Remove the flakes of non-drained fish. Using a fork, crush fish bones. Add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Take a baking dish or an ovenproof platter and grease thoroughly with oil. Arrange the fish mixture in it and shape into oval. Bake for 35 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the caper sauce. Add flour along with seasonings to melted butter and blend well. Slowly add milk and stirring continuously, cook, to thicken sauce. Mix in capers.
5. Serve hot fish with Caper Sauce.
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g43.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg32.5%
Sodium 378 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 23 g45.7%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 62.3%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet