Tartar Fish Loaf With Caper Sauce
|Mackerel||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Pimiento||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , minced|
|Minced sour pickles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salad dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cracker crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), rolled|
|Fat||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Soft)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Remove the flakes of non-drained fish. Using a fork, crush fish bones. Add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Take a baking dish or an ovenproof platter and grease thoroughly with oil. Arrange the fish mixture in it and shape into oval. Bake for 35 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the caper sauce. Add flour along with seasonings to melted butter and blend well. Slowly add milk and stirring continuously, cook, to thicken sauce. Mix in capers.
5. Serve hot fish with Caper Sauce.