Apple Cranberry Sauce
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apples||3 Pound, quartered|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash cranberries; drain and re move stems.
2. Turn into 3 1/2-quart saucepan; add 1 1/2 cups water; cook, covered, over medium heat, until soft—15 to 20 minutes.
3. Press cranberries and liquid through sieve, to remove skins and seeds.
4. In 5-quart Dutch oven, combine cranberry puree, apple, 3 cups water and sugar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes, or until apple is soft but not mushy.
5. Cool; serve cold with meat.