Mint Sauce Gallois
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Finely chop the mint and keep aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and lemon juice.
3. Place the pan over a low flame and stir, until the sugar melts.
4. Boil, without stirring until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
5. Take pan off the heat and let the syrup cool completely.
6. Stir in the chopped mint leaves and let stand for a few hours for the flavor to be absorbed in the syrup.
7. Serve this along with roast lamb or as required.