Leeks In Yogurt Sauce
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced|
|Shallots||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Trim and slit leeks, wash and keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, boil 2 cups of water, the lemon juice, salt, spices, parsley, and peeled and sliced shallots for 10 minutes.
3) In a skillet arrange the leeks in one layer and pour the broth over them.
4) Cover pan and let it simmer until leeks are tender.
5) Allow it to cool.
6) In a bowl, blend yogurt and lemon juice and place the bowl over over a pan of boiling water.
7) Cook the sauce stirring constantlyu until it thickens.
8) Sprinkle mustard, salt, and pepper and keep aside.
9) Drain and cut the leeks into diagonal pieces.
10) In a warm serving dish, serve leeks garnished with parsley and top with the yogurt sauce.