Rock Cornish Hens In Fragrant Green Sauce
|Chicken stock||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Pepitas||8 Tablespoon (Hulled Pumpkin Or Squash Seeds, 2 Tablespoons Extra For Garnish)|
|Rock cornish hens||3 Pound, quartered (2 Large Sized)|
|Canned tomatillos/14 to 18 fresh tomatoes verdes||13 Ounce|
|Green chili/3 canned chilies, rinsed, drained, and patted dry||3 Large, roasted, peeled, and seeded (Medium Hot)|
|White bread slice||2|
|Coarsely chopped fresh coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Packed)|
|Coarsely chopped mint||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Packed, Fresh)|
1) Organize chilies.
2) Cube white bread.
3) Peel off scallions, remove white portion and keep aside. Rinse the green portion, dry and coarsely chop.
4) In large skillet pour stock and bring to boil over medium heat.
5) In a small skillet toast pepitas over medium heat, stirring in between for 2 to 3 minutes.
6 Place hens in stock, decrease the flame and cook covred in simmering heat for 16 minutes turning once.
7) If using canned tomatoes, rinse and dry them. If using tomates verdes, peel off the outer layer, rinse and dry.
8) Take a medium-size saucepan and cover tomatillos in water. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes in low heat.
9) Place bread in a food processor fitted with metal blade.
10) Add 6 tablespoons toasted pepitas and finely chop.
11) Add tomatillos and chop. Mixchilies, scallions, coriander, and mint each at a time and chop.
12) Drain out hen from the stock and set aside.
13) To prepare the sauce, pour stock to mixture in processor and puree.
14) In the skillet place the hens and pour the sauce over it. Cook in simmering heat for 10 minutes turning once.
15) On the 4 plates place hean quarters and spoon sauce over it. Decorate with remaining pepitas. Serve remaining sauce separately.