Primavera Sauce With Artichoke And Shrimp
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use 2 Small Sized)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use 2 Ribs)|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned crushed tomatoes with basil and oregano||28 Ounce (1 Can Or 3 1/2 Cup Seasoned With Italian Herbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Medium raw shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Artichoke hearts||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced, drained|
1) Take a large skillet; heat oil over high heat and sauté carrots, celery, onion and garlic in it for 4 to 5 minutes until carrots are crisp-soft.
2) Mix in crushed tomatoes and seasonings and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Stir in shrimp and artichoke hearts and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp becomes pink in color.
4) Simmer for 2 minutes to allow flavors to blend after reducing heat to low.
5) If desired, garnish with basil and serve hot over cooked pasta or rice.