Herbed Tomato Sauce
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, minced|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian herb seasoning||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned no salt added whole tomatoes||32 Ounce, undrained, coarsely chopped (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|No salt added tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a large saucepan, stir-fry onions and garlic in oil until translucent.
2) Add in herb seasoning and sauté for 1 minute.
3) Boil the mixture after adding in tomatoes and tomato sauce and minimize the heat.
4) Uncover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until sauce thickens and reduces to 4 cups.
5) Pour in vinegar and lemon juice and seasonings.
6) Use as required.