|Clarified butter/Oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely diced|
|Carrot||1 Small, finely diced|
|Celery stick||1⁄2 , trimmed and finely diced|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
1.In a sauce pan, add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 5-7 minutes by stirring constantly, until they change color.
2. Stir in the flour, lower the heat to cook for 15 minutes until the roux is a rich brown, stirring constantly. Add tomato puree when it gets cooled.
3. Place it on the heat and gradually stir in two-thirds of the stock, boil, and whisk constantly.
4. Now add the bouquet garni, salt and pepper and cover.
5. Simmer for about 35-40 minutes, skimming the surface frequently, add the left out stock and simmer for 5 minutes, half covered.
6. In a clean pan strain it out, bring back to the boil to skim.
7. Season with salt and pepper.