Carrot and Almond Loaf with Tomato Sauce
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Garlic cloves||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||10 Ounce (300 Gram, Use Fresh)|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, grated (250 Gram)|
|Flaked almonds||4 Ounce, toasted (125 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a large frying pan place over low heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion and garlic in butter very gently for about 5 minutes or till the onion has turned translucent.
3) In a large bowl. mix together the breadcrumbs, carrots and almonds. Add the garlic and onion and stir well.
4) Add in the beaten egg, lemon juice, parsley and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. In case the mixture appears to be too dry, add some water.
5) Spoon the preparation into a buttered 1 pound loaf tin and bake in preheaed oven for about 45 minutes or till the load is done. When done, the loaf is brown in color and a sharp knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
6) Serve hot.