Finnan Haddie In Savory Sauce
|Finnan haddie||2 Pound|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced pimiento||2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 1⁄4 Can (12.5 oz) (Or 1 Tall Can, Undiluted)|
1. Simmer finnan haddie in water to cover 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Drain; reserve cooking water.
3. Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan; add onion, green pepper and pimiento; cook until onion is soft but not brown.
4. Blend in paprika and flour.
5. Measure 1 1/3 cups of the water in which fish was cooked; combine with evaporated milk; stir into saucepan.
6. Cook until mixture comes to boiling, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth; cook 2 minutes longer.
7. Add finnan haddie broken into large pieces.
8. Heat and serve with boiled or baked potatoes.