Zucchini In Hollandaise Cheese Sauce
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Water/Dry white wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1) Trim and clean zucchini. Blanch in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
2) Wipe dry zucchini and halve lengthwise into two.
3) With a spoon. Scoop the groove in each half.
4) Cut butter into small cubes.
5) Preheat oven at 350°F
6) In a lightly buttered shallow ovenproof dish arrange the zucchini with cut side up.
7) On the zucchini, sprinkle salt, freshly ground pepper, and lemon juice.
8) Place butter over zucchini. Seal with a lid.
9) Place at the center of oven and bake for 25 minutes.
10) In a heavy-bottomed pan melt butter over low heat. Take out butter in a measuring cup.
11) Put 3 egg yolks into the same pan and whisk.
12) Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water or wine. Add a good pinch of salt. Beat to mix well.
13) Whisk 1 tablespoon of cold butter to the egg yolk mixture.
14) Put the pan over low heat on an asbestos mat.
15) Whisk and cook till the egg yolks are creamy and thick.
16) Turn off heat and beat remaining butter.
17) Stir melted butter to the egg mixture, whisk till thick with the consistency of thick cream.
18) Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
19) Mix 3-4 teaspoons of water or light cream to lighten the sauce.
20) Stir in 2 tablespoons of cheese.
21) Gently add the sauce into the grooves of the cooked zucchini. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
22) Place under a hot broiler till cheese is lightly browned.
23) Serve immediately with roast chicken or lean roast meat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2230 Calories from Fat 2056
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 234 g359.4%
Saturated Fat 144.1 g720.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1147 mg382.3%
Sodium 1149.9 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g17%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 30 g59.9%
Vitamin A 154.7% Vitamin C 124.8%
Calcium 67.7% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet