Baked Ham Loaf In Pineapple Raisin Sauce
|Smoked ham||3⁄4 Pound, ground|
|Lean fresh pork||3⁄4 Pound, ground|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Grease a loaf pan with oil or butter.
3. In a bowl, combine the ground pork, ham, bread crumbs, mustard, eggs, tomato juice and milk.
4. Mix well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly blended.
5. Turn the mixture into the greased loaf pan.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour.
7. Combine the pineapple juice, raisins, lemon juice and rind.
8. Pour pineapple-raisin sauce over the loaf and return to oven for 30 minutes.
9. When baked, remove and allow resting for 10 minutes before unmoulding on a serving platter.
10. Combine ginger, mustard and red currant jelly in a saucepan.
11. Stir over low heat until jelly melts.
12. Pour the currant jelly sauce over the ham loaf.
13. Slice and serve with a tossed green salad.