Paprika Chicken with Sour Cream Sauce
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|All purpose flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broad noodles||5 Ounce|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a skillet, saute the onion in 1 tablespoon shortening until soft, remove and keep aside.
2) Rinse and dry the chicken over paper towels, then dredge the chicken with a mixture of 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3) In rest of the shortening, cook the chicken until brown, then add the sauteed onion, rest of the salt, paprika, and pepper.
5) Add water and simmer covered for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender, then remove the chicken over a warm platter.
6) Stir rest of the flour into the skillet juices, then add sour cream and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
7) Pour the sauce over chicken, garnish with the poppy seeds and serve immediately with the noodles.
Calories 1183 Calories from Fat 678
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.6%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.7%
Trans Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 285 mg95%
Sodium 1051.9 mg43.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 72 g144.7%
Vitamin A 29.4% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet