Chicken In Orange Almond Sauce
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut up and skinned|
|Melted butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange sections||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||1⁄2|
1) Take a large skillet, melt butter, and brown chicken with 1/4 teaspon salt..
2) Remove from pan and reserve drippings.
3) Let the chicken cool down and separate meat from bones.
4) To the reserved drippings, add flour, spices, salt and stir for a minute or until smooth.
5) Add orange juice, and stir over low heat until the mixture thickens.
6) Stir chicken, raisins, and almonds to the sauce, cover, and cook for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
7) Add orange sections and heat.
8) Serve over hot cooked rice.