Chicken In Exotic Mushroom and Ginger Sauce
|Sesame oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Chicken meat||1 3⁄4 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Flour||2 Ounce, seasoned (60 Gram)|
|Shallots||32 , sliced|
|Wild mushrooms||2 Ounce, roughly chopped (500 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter/1 1/4 Cups)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet). Coat the chicken in the seasoned flour and cook for about 4 minutes, until browned all over. Transfer to a large deep casserole and keep warm until required.
2. Slowly fry the shallots and mushrooms in the juices.
3. Add the chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, honey and fresh ginger, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the mixture over the chicken, and cover the casserole with a lid or cooking foil.
5. Cook in the centre of a preheated oven, 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2, for about 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is very tender. Add the yogurt and cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve the casserole with a mixture of wild rice and white rice, and garnish with fresh parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3604 Calories from Fat 1949
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 218 g335.5%
Saturated Fat 50.6 g252.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 618.1 mg206%
Sodium 1766.5 mg73.6%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 193 g385.8%
Vitamin A 240.9% Vitamin C 180.1%
Calcium 68.4% Iron 136.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet