|Brown sugar||1 Pound|
|Whiskey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
TO GET READY
1. Pour water in a medium pan and bring water to a boil, then allow it to simmer.
2. Take a basin, large enough to fit over the pan without the base touching the simmering water.
3. In it combine butter, sugar and nutmeg.
4. Fit the basin over the pan of simmering water and use a whisk or wooden spoon to whisk the mixture until melted and smooth.
5. Take pan off the heat.
6. Beat the egg yolks and add gradually into the sauce, whisking to incorporate it. The sauce will get thicker.
7. Add the whiskey and stir to get a smooth sauce adjusting the amount according to the consistency desired.
8. Serve this sauce warm over puddings, pies or cakes.