Polenta With Tomato Sauce
|Corn meal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Take a saucepan and add corn meal into it. Add milk to it in a very gradual manner.
3. Cook the mixture over low heat until it boils and thickens. Continue stirring throughout the cooking period.
4. Cook for another 3 minutes and remove from heat when done.
5. Beat the egg and fold it to the cooking corn meal mixture.
6. Take a bowl and add 1/2 cup cheese, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup salad oil.
7. Take a pan and spread about 1 ½ inches of the mixture in it and cool it.
8. Cut the mixture in 3-inch rounds and spread it over the shallow baking dish.
9. Take a saucepan and heat the oil in it and add onions, and garlic and fry for about 3 minutes.
10. Get rid of the garlic.
11. Fold in tomato paste, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
12. Top it with the remaining cheese and bake the mixture uncovered in oven for about half an hour at 400° F.
13. Serve as required.