Orange Scented Creme Brulee With Orange Sauce
|For the creme brulee|
|Double cream||700 Milliliter|
|Full cream milk||300 Milliliter|
|Blood oranges||4 , zested|
|For the caramel|
|Caster sugar||250 Gram|
|For the blood orange sauce|
|Caster sugar||200 Gram|
|Blood oranges||4 , segmented (Juice Reserved)|
1) Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas .
2) In a pan, heat the double cream and milk, then add the vanilla seeds into the pan.
3) In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and orange zest until thick and pale, then stir in the scalded cream into the eggs and mix well.
4) Strain the mixture into a jug, then pour into 6 ramekins. Then cook in a bain marie for about 40-45 minutes to set.
5) Line a baking sheet with the silicone paper.
6) In a dry, heavy pan, add the sugar and melt over a low heat until clear. Increase the heat until caramelized. Pour the caramel on the baking sheet and allow to cool.
7) In a food processor, powder the caramel. Sprinkle the crystals over each brulee to cover fully.
8) In a dry pan, caramalize the sugar, stir in the orange juice.
9) Add the blood orange segments and serve with the brulees immediately.