Hearts Of Palm In Cream Cheese Sauce
|Canned hearts of palm||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Reserve Liquid)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened to room temperature (1 Package)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Slice hearts at a slant, into ½-inch roundels
2. In a saucepan add sliced palm heats and cover with reserved liquid.
3. Cover pan and simmer on a low flame for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a saucepan, melt butter over low flame.
5. Stir in flour and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Gradually pour in 1/2 cup milk and reserved can liquid and stir until well blended with the flour butter mixture.
7. Continue simmering, while stirring, until thickened.
8. Add remaining milk and cheese and blend well, for 2-3 minutes until cheese melts.
9. Drain hearts and place in a casserole or on serving plate.
10. Spoon the sauce over the hearts and serve warm.
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.7 mg11.9%
Sodium 220.7 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet