Orange Sauce Supreme
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cointreau/1/4 cup orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange segments||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a small sauce pan and combine sugar, corn starch and salt in it.
2) Slowly blend in 1 cup orange juice and cook covered, stirring constantly over low heat until mixture thickens and reaches boil.
3) Cook the mixture covered over very low heat, stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes.
4) Add butter to this after removing from heat and stir till it is blended.
5) Add in grated orange rind, lemon juice, Cointreau or 1/4 cup orange juice, and orange segments to this, stir and allow chilling thoroughly.
6) Serve cold.
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg5%
Sodium 40.8 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.67%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 0.32 g0.64%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 31.6%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 0.48%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet