Orange Sauce Supreme
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cointreau/1/4 cup orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange segments||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a small sauce pan and combine sugar, corn starch and salt in it.
2) Slowly blend in 1 cup orange juice and cook covered, stirring constantly over low heat until mixture thickens and reaches boil.
3) Cook the mixture covered over very low heat, stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes.
4) Add butter to this after removing from heat and stir till it is blended.
5) Add in grated orange rind, lemon juice, Cointreau or 1/4 cup orange juice, and orange segments to this, stir and allow chilling thoroughly.
6) Serve cold.