Tapas Taco Sauce
|Diced tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), or crushed|
|Tomato paste||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chili peppers||3⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over a low flame,
2. When the butter has melted, add the finely diced peppers and sauté till it is soft
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the vinegar, water and stir to blend with the tomatoes and peppers.
5. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes on a low flame till the sauce has thickened.
6. You can bottle the taco sauce and store in the refrigerator until required.
7. Use it to top tacos, or serve as a dip with corn chips.