Great Lakes Whitefish With Basil Cream Sauce And Golden Whitefish Roe
|White wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped shallot||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White fish||24 Ounce (4 Portions, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Golden whitefish roe||2 Ounce (Caviar)|
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Take a non-reactive heavy saucepan, mix in vinegar, shallot and wine. On high heat, reduce the liquid till it is almost evaporated.
3. Mix cream and lower the heat. Stir in dried basil. Reduce the cream to a sauce consistency. Mix pepper and salt.
4. Transfer to a small bowl. Keep the small one in a larger one having warm water to keep the sauce warm till served.
5. Take a baking sheet, grease it and arrange the fish portions on it. Apply butter and sprinkle pepper and salt and bake for about 10 minutes till the fish flakes off easily when tested using a knife.
6. Take individual plates, ladle in sauce, arrange fish on the top, sprinkle fresh basil and spoon /2 ounce caviar on each serving.
7. Serve immediately.