Oven Braised Brisket with Horseradish Sauce
|Vegetable oil||7 Teaspoon (1 Teaspoon For Pan)|
|Onions||2 Medium, halved and sliced|
|Canned low sodium beef broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced to make 1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef brisket||5 Pound, trimmed (1 Whole)|
|Prepared horseradish||3 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a large roasting pan with oil; scatter onions in pan and pour in broth.
2. Combine oil, garlic, paprika, pepper, thyme, and salt in a bowl. Rub over the brisket to coat thoroughly. Set brisket on onions. Cover tightly with foil. Roast until brisket is fork-tender, 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
3. Transfer brisket to a baking dish; let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. Pour onions and juices into a bowl; let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove any hardened fat.
4. About 45 minutes before serving, heat oven to 325°F. Slice brisket across the grain and return to baking dish. Pour 1 cup of onion and juices over brisket; cover and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
5. Bring remaining onion mixture to a boil in a medium saucepan; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in horseradish. Serve brisket with sauce spooned over.